Reporting to the Director, Product Development, the Product Manageris responsible for analyzing, defining and translating software requirements for each product release, and supporting the realization of these products throughout the product development lifecycle. The position involves interfacing with development and client-facing teams, as well as key customers.
- Define, detail and communicate the business requirements from internal and external sources for each new software release and act as primary contact for Development and Quality Assurance teams regarding requirement clarifications
- Manage the product backlog, ensuring effective pre-iteration planning and quality requirements review with Development and software QA teams
- Support the Product Developer in managing the product contract with the development team, providing in put into the prioritization of ongoing change requests, feature requests, and defects
- Work with internal teams to continually refine and improve the end to end product management process
- Define and monitor appropriate key indicators to ensure the product are meeting business goals and strategies
- Lead iteration meetings including product planning sessions
- Possess a deep understanding of Telmetrics products and applications including how our customers use our products; develop and maintain client and user personas
- Conduct product demonstrations and presentations for internal staff
- Act as a product advocate, ambassador, and expert within the organization
- Conduct Market research including but not limited to competitive analysis, internal data driven research, etc
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2-3 years of demonstrated experience with gathering and analyzing business requirements (business analysis or product management) within a software development environment
- Understanding of web-based technologies, architecture and technology trends
- Bachelors Degree in Business, MIS or IT related field
- Experience engaging and liaising with key stakeholders and cross-functional groups
- Exposure to agile/SCRUM development methodology and asset
- Expert level proficiency in MS Office including working knowledge of Visio and Access
- Experience running queries against MS SQL databases
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written, with presentation experience an asset
- Proven ability to influence and motivate cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Identifying and leading issues pertaining to product releases and product support
- Ability to research, understand, articulate and discuss technical topics with a variety of audiences
- Creative approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- Team focused – experience working effectively across a set of diverse cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to complete multiple concurrent assignments
- Results/goal oriented with a strong client focus
Location: Must be able to work in Mississauga, ON
Posting Date: January 9, 2019
Closing Date: January 31, 2019
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties for which you are applying. Your resume is a key in evaluating your experience as it relates to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Telmetrics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005; Telmetrics will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Telmetrics’ Human Resources department of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Perks of Working with Us
Extended Health and
Dental Benefits Package
Free Snacks and
Grow with Us
At Telmetrics, we empower marketers to know the true impact of their advertising. We’re looking for passionate, driven people to work with us to expand the meaning of a mobile phone lead from a voice call to any and all kinds of responses.
Let us show you how you can improve the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns with our powerful call tracking platform.