This position is primarily responsible for the Administration of Linux systems that support Call Measurement System (CMS) which handles phone calls from across Telmetrics’ coverage area and also for the administration of corporate Linux systems used by internal users. This responsibility includes implementation, operation, and support of all related servers, scripts, collocation and documentation to ensure continuous system and network reliability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- CMS Architecture – Working with CMS Architect ensuring the CMS follows best practices regarding fault tolerance, security, and overall architecture.
- CMS Administration – Installing, configuring, updating, documenting, and troubleshooting of all application server and telecom equipment, hardware and software within the Telmetrics’ CMS using change management processes.
- Responsible for training other groups in CMS fundamentals and functionality including assisting in the troubleshooting of call handling issues.
- Work with the QA and Development team s to maintain environments and address change requests and support troubleshooting issues that arise; Ensure timely problem diagnosis/resolution and take steps to prevent future occurrences.
- Administrate the monitoring of systems and services to ensure uptime meet any associated SLA’s .
- On Call Support – Responsibility for initial response to all critical issues associated with CMS according to Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Comply with implemented security protocols and provide auditing and monitoring results as needed
- Manage internal Linux Systems and applications including Jira, Wiki, Zabbix
- Backup and archive of corporate data – Manage regular backups of corporate and production data and perform restore when required.
- Task automation – Create and deploy scripts to automate application and system tasks
- Contributing to system and department projects as assigned.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies that are relevant to the business. Seek out opportunities to learn and participate in training which enhances individual and team skill base.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- University degree or College diploma in Computer Science / Network or Systems Administration.
- Minimum of 3 years experience of Administrating the Linux Operating System in an enterprise environment.
- RHCE (Redhat Certified Engineer) or equivalent certification / experience.
- Experience working with Sip Application servers and monitoring software.
- Experience working with MySQL
- Experience working with co-location and telecommunication providers.
- Strong understanding of Sip headers and proper call flow.
- Ability to setup and administer a distributed Linux network including OS, patches, DNS, web, mail, monitoring, database, Java, Perl and shell application stacks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to troubleshoot call flow, application servers, shell scripts, voice and data networks.
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and deal with unexpected service affecting issues.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present subject matter to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to work through solutions in a team-oriented environment.
- Desire to continuously learn and keep abreast of new technologies.
- The job conditions for this position re in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use a PC and telephone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Travel to the datacenter is required occasionally.
Location: Must be able to work in Mississauga, ON
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply for this position, in confidence, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Telmetrics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005; Telmetrics will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Telmetrics’ Human Resources department of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Perks of Working with Us
Extended Health and
Dental Benefits Package
Free Snacks and
Grow with Us
At Telmetrics, we empower marketers to know the true impact of their advertising. We’re looking for passionate, driven people to work with us to expand the meaning of a mobile phone lead from a voice call to any and all kinds of responses.
Let us show you how you can improve the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns with our powerful call tracking platform.