The Senior Accountant, reporting to the VP Finance, is an integral part of the Finance Team. The primary responsibilities include billing, financial reporting, general ledger maintenance, cash flow management and budget/forecast support.
- Customer Contract Maintenance
- Process full billing cycle
- Quality testing and reconciliation of invoices against Clients’ activities
- Prepare Customers’ sales and other related reporting
- Respond to all billing related inquiries from Customer Success Team and Clients in a timely manner
- Oversee accounts receivable collection
- Prepare assigned accounts journal entries and reconcile assigned general ledger accounts
- Oversee month-end process
- Initial review and analysis of monthly financial revenue and expenses
- Generate financial statements reporting from accounting system and prepares monthly financial reporting package & financial results presentation
- Support on budget/forecasting and year-end processes
- Monitor bank and credit card accounts
- Prepare weekly rolling cash flow projection
- Supervise and coach the Junior Accountant
- Any assigned ad-hoc projects
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree in accounting from a recognized institution;
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounting;
- Supervisory experience in a similar environment is an asset;
- Possesses or working towards an accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CA) and/or equivalent work experience;
- Advance level in Microsoft Excel, including the ability to create and manipulate formulas for analysis purposes and to present an added-value report;
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Nexonia and Expense Watch an asset;
- Proven ability, as demonstrated in past experiences, to apply all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership, problem solving, collaborative, and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Advance proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- This position is based in Mississauga
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
Posting Date: August 22, 2019
Closing Date: October 22, 2019
Salary: Please include salary expectations with application
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties for which you are applying. Your resume is a key in evaluating your experience as it relates to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Telmetrics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005; Telmetrics will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Telmetrics’ Human Resources department of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Perks of Working with Us
Extended Health and
Dental Benefits Package
Free Snacks and
Grow with Us
At Telmetrics, we empower marketers to know the true impact of their advertising. We’re looking for passionate, driven people to work with us to expand the meaning of a mobile phone lead from a voice call to any and all kinds of responses.
Let us show you how you can improve the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns with our powerful call tracking platform.